- Kim Kardashian throws 40th birthday bash on private island, memes abound – CNETby Gael Fashingbauer Cooper on October 28, 2020 at 7:38 pm
The public lets the billionaire know exactly how her bragging went over during a global pandemic.Ads
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class gets Samsung SmartThings IoT integration – Roadshowby Kyle Hyatt on October 28, 2020 at 7:28 pm
Drivers will be able to use natural speech in their car to control connected devices in their home.
- Google, Facebook and Twitter face changes to Section 230 media law protections – CNETby Marguerite Reardon on October 28, 2020 at 7:18 pm
Republicans and Democrats are considering reforms to weaken liability protections for social media companies.
- Best portable power stations of 2020 – CNETby Megan Wollerton on October 28, 2020 at 7:08 pm
Get power wherever you want with a portable generator that runs on batteries.
- Why iPhone 12 makes me think Apple’s killing all phone ports soon – CNETby Sareena Dayaram on October 28, 2020 at 7:03 pm
Commentary: Watch out, Lightning port. Apple could come for you next.
- Star of Tyler Perry’s The Oval, Kron Moore explains Camp Quarantine – CNETby Patrick Holland on October 28, 2020 at 7:00 pm
In an interview on CNET’s I’m So Obsessed podcast, the actor talks about playing the volatile, elegant and manipulative first lady of the United States on the BET series, as well as working on the DC Universe show Stargirl.
- Quiz tests whether you can tell a Trump voter’s fridge from a Biden voter’s – CNETby Gael Fashingbauer Cooper on October 28, 2020 at 6:58 pm
Who has Mountain Dew and who has soy milk? Who has mayo and who has yogurt? The New York Times chills out with an online quiz.
- AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and 6900 GPUs target 4K gaming, start at $579 – CNETby Lori Grunin on October 28, 2020 at 6:56 pm
The RDNA 2 graphics architecture in the new Xbox Series X and S and PS5 consoles comes to the desktop, optimized for new AMD CPUs.
- Tesla Model 3 gains 13 MPGe boost in latest EPA estimates – Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on October 28, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Even the Model Y gets a little more efficient.
- Zuckerberg, Dorsey and Pichai face off with Congress over internet law, content decisions – CNETby Queenie Wong on October 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
The CEOs appeared before a Senate committee to discuss Section 230, which has shielded internet companies from liability for user-generated content.
- Early deals could push online sales to a record $189 billion this holiday season – CNETby Carrie Mihalcik on October 28, 2020 at 6:31 pm
Adobe expects cyber week to turn into cyber month this year.
- Best gifts for Dad in 2020 – CNETby Justin Jaffe on October 28, 2020 at 6:22 pm
A collection of great gifts, from the practical to the extravagant, for a hard guy to please.
- Hacker changed Florida governor’s address in voter registration database – CNETby Alfred Ng on October 28, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Gov. Ron DeSantis didn’t notice the change until he went to vote on Monday.
- The Xbox Series X is now an actual refrigerator – CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on October 28, 2020 at 6:14 pm
You can enter to win a $500 Xbox Series X fridge now.
- Rare blue moon will bring a Halloween 2020 treat to the skies – CNETby Gael Fashingbauer Cooper on October 28, 2020 at 5:54 pm
For the first time since World War II, people in all parts of the world will be able to see the Oct. 31 display.
- GM’s new infantry vehicle is ready for the US Army – Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on October 28, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Based on the Chevy Colorado ZR2, GM Defense built a versatile machine for the Army.
- PS5 and Xbox Series X backward compatibility: Everything you need to know – CNETby Sean Keane on October 28, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Both Sony and Microsoft will let you play old games on their new consoles. Here’s what we know about the limitations of those features and how to transfer saves.
- Best gifts to buy teenage girls for 2020 – CNETby Lindsey Hunter Lopez on October 28, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Teens can be challenging to shop for, but we’ve done some of the hard work to make it easier.
- Windows 10 update removes Adobe Flash Player for good – CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on October 28, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Flash Player reaches end of support on Dec. 31, and the latest update will take it off your machine before that point.
- The best external hard drive and SSD to buy for 2020: Mac, PC, PS4 and Xbox – CNETby David Carnoy on October 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Need a backup option — or just more space? Here are our top picks for external storage options.